Hannah B. Morgan
Hannah B. Morgan is a partner in the firm's Business and Corporate Law Practice. Her comprehensive and skilled approach to corporate matters, utilizing not just her legal degree but also her business background, allows her to fully understand her client's needs. She has thorough experience representing clients in the areas of securities, bond and bank finance, tax incentives, business law, commercial real estate, and mergers and acquisitions. Hannah's practice embodies the full scope of issues that present themselves to closely held business owners, and she leverages her deep understanding and experience to mitigate these complex issues.
Most recently, Hannah has:
- Served as corporate counsel in more than seven dental practice acquisitions in Alabama.
- Served as corporate and securities counsel in multiple private securities offerings exempt from registration under Regulation D.
- Acted as bond counsel in the issuance or refinancing of more than $600 million in Gulf Opportunity Zone bonds.
- Advised clients in obtaining tax incentives on projects ranging from $17.8 million to $38.6 million in the Tuscaloosa, Alabama area.
- Represented buyers in multi-state, multi-party corporate acquisitions.
- Bond Finance
- Business and Corporate Law
- Commercial Real Estate
- Industrial Development and Incentives
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Partnership and Limited Liability Companies
- Tax Exempt Organizations
- Juris Doctor, Cumberland School of Law, 2009
- Senior Associate Editor (2008-2009) and Member (2007-2008), American Journal of Trial Advocacy
- Master of Business Administration, Samford University, 2009
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2006, magna cum laude
- Alabama, 2009
- Tennessee, 2015
- Mississippi, 2016
- Alabama Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- Tennessee Supreme Court
- Mississippi Supreme Court
- Alabama State Bar
- Tennessee State Bar
- Mississippi State Bar
- Tuscaloosa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Business Law Section and Real Property, Trusts and Estates Section)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
Articles, Publications, and Honors
- 2022 Super Lawyers (Rising Star)
- Indiana v. Edwards: The Sixth Amendment Right of Self-Representation is Limited for the Mentally Ill, 33 Am. J. Trial Advoc. Volume 32:3 (2009).