Robert L. Shields
Robert Shields works in the areas of bankruptcy, debtor and creditor rights, insolvency, and commercial litigation. He has represented both debtors and creditors in complex Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases and municipal debtors in Chapter 9 bankruptcy cases. His municipal Chapter 9 clients include cities, counties, and public corporations such as water, school, and sewer districts.
Mr. Shields has represented clients in commercial litigation in State and Federal Courts in Alabama and before the United States Court of Appeals for both the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits. He is a former Chapter 7 Trustee in the Northern District of Alabama, Western Division. Additionally, he has transactional experience in the areas of residential and commercial real estate transactions.
- Corporate and Municipal Bankruptcy
- Juris Doctor, Cumberland School of Law, 1975, cum laude
- Bachelor of Science, The University of Alabama, 1967
- Alabama, 1975
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth and Eleventh Circuits
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District, Middle District, and Southern District of Alabama.
- Alabama State Bar, Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Sections
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Chapter 7 Trustee, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Alabama, Western Division
Articles, Publications, and Honors